Best Get Well Soon Messages After Surgery
Published November 12th, 2019
Going through surgery is a horrific situation that almost everyone doesn’t want to be in. But unfortunately, it is unexpected, and it can happen to anyone. And if your friend, loved ones, or co-workers just had surgery, your support is one of the things that can uplift their spirit.
Sure, uplifting messages won’t work any miracles, but you should never underestimate the value of positive words. Get well wishes can make someone who is going through a medical ordeal feel that you are thinking about them. (Related: Top Motivational Movies Based on True Stories)
While it is not always easy finding the perfect words to write in your “get-well-card,” you have to be hopeful and encouraging to make them feel better. (Related: Inspirational Songs for Cancer Patients)
Below are the best get well wishes after surgery that you can use and add to express your feelings to someone who is going through this tough time. But before we go on to that, let me share with you first some pointers when writing a get-well card for someone who’s recovering from surgery.
What to Think About When Writing a Get-Well Card
- Be empathetic. They are going through so much right now, and it is better to use the proper words and tone to wish them a speedy recovery.
- Be positive. It is sending words of encouragement that will help them to be more motivated.
- Offer your support. Let them know they are in your thoughts and are always included in your prayers.
Best Get Well Wishes After Surgery
- “I know this has been a challenging time for you, and I want to send my very best wishes for a speedy recovery. I hope you are comfortably resting following your surgery, and I pray you’ll be able to head home soon. Love and blessings.”
- “A surgery can be a painful one, physically and emotionally tiring. But do not worry, our love and prayers shower you for your full recovery. May God send you angels at your bedside always.”
- “I know this has been a tough time for you and your family, and I pray that the worst is already behind you. I admire your courage and pray your surgery was successful. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.”
- “It is such a relief to hear that your surgery went well and that you’re heading home soon. Your recovery should be smooth and easy. Rest up and feel good!”
- “You’re home! What a tremendous relief that must be. I am so happy that the surgery went well. I hope you are resting comfortably. Don’t rush back to work too soon and stay away from stress! Give yourself plenty of time to recover from this illness.”
- “May you regain your full potential once again! I hope you experience a rapid recovery, and I look forward to seeing you bounce back on your feet soon.”
- “You’ve been so brave in how you’ve dealt with your surgery. I know your strength is an inspiration to everyone battling this illness. I’m sure you’ll be feeling as good as new real soon.”
- “I hope to see you bounce back to your usual healthy self soon. I wish you all the best in health and happiness. Get better soon.”
- “I know it’s hard being laid up after surgery, but I’m sure you will come back stronger than ever. I hope that each day brings you renewed strength and brighter moments. Get well soon, and I wish you a speedy recovery, my friend!”
- “Your family, friends, and colleagues are thinking of you during this time of illness. We love you, and we want to see you get better soon so you can enjoy what you love doing most.”
- “I thank the Lord that your surgery went well. I pray that you continue to recover soon and get back your good health.”
- “I am so sorry you’ve been under the weather lately. I pray the surgery was successful, and I’m sending hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery. Don’t hesitate to call if there is something I can do to speed up the healing process. You are in my thoughts. Get well!”
- “You’re my inspiration. I don’t know where I would be without you in my life. Your health is my biggest concern right now. Here’s to wishing you a speedy recovery.”
- “Getting surgery is hard, but I’m sure it will improve your quality of life in the long run. I hope you’re feeling better now, and I can’t wait to see you get back to your normal routine.”
- “I’m telling you, this injury/illness picked the wrong person to fight with! As I see, you’re already recovering, and I know you will come out of this a winner, as always!”
- “Sending good wishes to you to brighten your day. May you enjoy the best health possible today and for many years to come. We love you, and wish you well.”
- “I’d wish you a speedy recovery, but I think it’s more important for you to get back to full health – no matter how long it takes. When this is all over, I hope you feel better than ever.”
- “A surgery isn’t the most fun thing I can think of going through, and I wanted to reach out and say that I’m here to support you. Let me know if there’s anything that you need, and I’ll make it happen for you!”
- “I’m glad to hear that your recent surgery went well, and I look forward to your full recovery! I’m praying that God will grant you many more years of good health. All the best and get better soon.”
- “I am so sorry to hear about your surgery, but I’m relieved to hear that everything went well. Be sure to get plenty of rest and don’t make the mistake of rushing back to work too soon. Take good care of yourself. You are in my thoughts and prayers.”
- “I heard you’re recuperating well from your surgery. I’m sure that each day brings difficulties, but it also brings you closer to full recovery. Hang in there and know that you have a lot of people who love you.”
- “Nothing is more shocking than knowing you got hospitalized. We will pray for you so that you can quickly recover and go back to join us here. Working time feels so long without you telling us jokes.”
- “We’re so glad to hear your procedure went well. We want to support you during the recovery and treatment time, so please let us know if there’s anything we can do for you.”
- “I’m so relieved that your surgery went well. It sounds like the procedure went smoothly and that the doctors are happy with the results. Take good care of yourself and best wishes for a quick and easy recovery.”
- “God showered His mercy upon you once again, and I’m glad your surgery went well. I pray you to spend the remaining years on earth in good health.”
- “Wishing you an easy recovery following surgery and a quick return to complete health. Let me know if you need help. I’ll be happy to lend a hand with grocery shopping, cooking, laundry, or babysitting. I’m here for you. Hugs.”
- “We look forward to seeing you back to your usual self soon. All the best to you as you start the journey to a complete recovery. You are in our thoughts and prayers.”
- “Sending happy thoughts and good wishes on your way so that you feel better after your surgery day. Get well soon. We badly miss you at work.”
- “I was so sorry to hear about your recent hospitalization. It sounds like you were a real trooper. I’m thrilled that everything went well, that the prognosis is good and that you’re back at home. Feel good.”
- “I miss you lots. Please get well soon and return your usual healthy self. I have fun and special plans to do with you once you’re better!”
- “I’m so glad to hear that your surgery went well. Now I’m rooting for you to make a full recovery and get back to living your life as soon as possible.”
- “I am sure that your will power is letting you have a speedy recovery after the surgery. Please get well soon. We miss you at the playground.”
- “I wish I could grant you a healthy life forever. But life is not what we expect it to be, and then it will be. Don’t worry as you will always have me by your side to accompany you going through this difficult time. I will always pray for your road to recovery to be smooth and short.”
- “I heard about your recent surgery and wanted to wish you a quick and complete recovery. I know this has been a difficult time for you, and you are constantly in my thoughts. Take it easy, get plenty of rest and let me know if there is anything I can do to help.”
- “Thank God that your heart surgery went successfully. Here’s wishing you all the best on your way to a full and quick recovery from surgery.”
- “I was so surprised to learn about your recent surgery. I hope the hospital staff is treating you well and that you’re getting the quality care you deserve. Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.”
- “I wanted to send you this gift basket to brighten your day. Here’s wishing you a speedy and full recovery from surgery. Love lots.”
Interested In Our Company?
DonorCure is a company that connects body donors with the researchers who will use their contribution to further science and make the world a better place. Learn more about how to donate your body to science on our website and register online.
About The Author
As a nurse, Franchette Agatha Jardin firmly believes in the importance of understanding the human body and the advancement of science. She writes about what people can do for the betterment of the world and how everyone can be part of something great.